Drapers’ Academy has the agreed admission number of 210 pupils into Year 7 for the academic year from September 2020.
We plan to uphold this expansion permanently for upcoming years. For further information on Havering' Secondary Schools Expansion plans, please click here.
Consideration of Applications
Drapers’ Academy will consider all applications for places at the Academy. Where fewer applications for admission are received than the published admission number of 210 for admission to Year 7, the Academy will offer places to those who have applied.
Procedures where Drapers’ Academy is Oversubscribed
Where the number of applications is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below:
- Looked After Children, or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Children whose brother or sister already attend a school within the MAT at the time of the application. Applicants applying under this criterion must also complete the schools supplementary information form - found within our full Admissions Policy.
- Pupils who already attend another school within the MAT.
- Children who reside within the agreed priority admissions area, with priority being given to those living closest to the school. The priority admissions area is shown as an appendix to the full Admissions Policy.
- Children who reside outside the agreed priority admissions area, with priority being given to those living closest to the school.
- In the event of a dispute over proximity, distances are measured using the Local Authorities Geographical Information System, using straight line measurement from the main entrance of the school to the centre of the child’s home.
- In the event that places cannot be allocated on the above basis – e.g. for pupils that live exactly the same distance away – then the place will be offered on a random allocation, drawn by an independent person who is not involved in the admissions process.
- The Local Authority will maintain the waiting list for admission of Year 7 pupils until the end of the autumn term for the academic year in question. Priority will be according to the criteria set out in section 3 as they apply on the date that the decision is made.
Process of Application
- Applications must be made according to the Local Authority’s co-ordinated admission scheme and timetable for cohort years of entry, as defined in the table above.
- Pupils wishing to transfer from their current school to a MAT school must apply using the Havering In Year Common Application form which is available via www.havering.gov.uk/admissions/ICAF. If places are available, applications will be prioritised in accordance to the criteria set out above.
- There is a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel for unsuccessful applicants. Details can be found under paragraph 27 of our full Admissions Policy.
If you are a Year 6 pupil wanting to apply for Drapers' Academy this must be completed via Havering Admissions which can be found at https://www.havering.gov.uk/Pages/ServiceChild/eAdmissions.aspx