The Academy is at the heart of the Harold Hill community, offering families an excellent education, fantastic opportunities, and facilities that are available to everyone.
We want everyone involved with Drapers' Academy to feel that they are part of something inspirational; to be proud of the achievements of individual pupils and of our collective successes. Our aim is to be recognised as a centre of excellence where learning is fun and high standards are achieved.
We intend to achieve this by:
- Providing a stimulating, safe and purposeful environment within which each pupil is valued and motivated to strive for excellence in both academic achievement and personal development
- Providing a diverse and balanced curriculum with a quality of teaching that fosters an enjoyment of learning and develops skills for life
- Delivering a personalised approach to learning to promote enjoyment and achievement
- Including and developing all pupils and providing equal opportunities for all
- Developing successful leadership at all levels and from all parts of the Academy community
- Working in close partnership with parents, governors and the wider community
All pupils are expected to work hard, to support each other, to behave politely and co-operatively, to wear full Academy uniform, and to maintain good records of attendance and punctuality. In so doing, the foundations for a successful Academy education will be laid. Our expectations are based upon mutual respect through identifying key rights and accompanying responsibilities.
Benefits of the Academy:
- In September 2010 we received Academy status, since then we have become an integral part of Harold Hill.
- We aim to be one of the most successful all-ability schools in Greater London.
- Meets the needs of children with special educational needs.
- Specialisms in maths and science, drawing on the world-class maths and science expertise at Queen Mary University of London.
- Leading educational facilities that provides opportunities for all.
- An ethos and expectation of personal responsibility and self-discipline, excellent behaviour, high levels of attendance and punctuality and a natural and positive respect for others.