Parent Governor Election 2023
WANTED – NEW PARENT GOVERNOR
What are we looking for?
We need an enthusiastic and dedicated parent who can offer supportive challenge to the leadership of our School. You do not need leadership or education experience, just a desire to give back to the School and its community and a proactive approach to becoming involved as a member of a team.
Who are we?
The Drapers’ Academy was opened in September 2009. The Drapers’ Multi Academy Trust (MAT) was established in 2014 and now has three local primary schools with which the Academy has developed strong partnerships. The Academy benefits from links to its sponsors, The Drapers’ Livery Company and Queen Mary University of London, who actively support the Academy. Each school in the Drapers’ MAT has its own Local Governing Board.
What will you do?
You will work with the Local Governing Board to develop the School’s vision and priorities, review educational performance and make strategic decisions. The Governing Body of our School plays a key role in:
- setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement
- monitoring progress towards meeting these targets
- supporting and challenging the performance of the Headteacher
- deciding policy and future development plans
Meetings are held five times a year, plus there is a training day held in School each January. To help support Governors everyone has access to further training to help build on existing skills or develop new ones.
What can we offer?
- a chance to develop skills in strategic management
- the opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School
- a sense of achievement in making a difference to our School
- the pleasure of helping students reach their potential
Next Steps …
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Janet Ward, Governance Professional. Or complete the nomination form found on the School website and return this via email, by hand to the School reception or by post to the School address marked ‘Parent Governor Nomination’. Depending on the number of applications there may be an election process. Nomination forms must be received no later than 3.00 p.m. on Tuesday 20th June 2023.
Drapers’ Academy, Settle Road, Harold Hill, Romford, RM3 9XR