At Drapers' Academy the Designated Safeguarding Lead for child protection issues is Vice Principal, Mrs S Monk.
The Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Assistant Vice Principal, Mr D Bannister.
At Drapers’ Academy we have established a safeguarding culture. This means that:
- Children are protected from harm
- There is an open and honest culture to promote the safety and well-being of everyone in the organization
- Children are able to thrive because they feel secure
- Everyone in the organization is clear about their roles, responsibilities and boundaries
- Allegations are dealt with effectively
- Staff and volunteers are protected from misplaced allegations
- The organization shows that welfare is a priority
- Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility
Parents and Carers are able to support our safeguarding culture by:
- Sharing information with staff which may affect safety of children
- Being aware of health and safety risks and reporting them to staff
- Supporting the no jewellery policy of our schools by removing earrings before school starts
- Providing a P.E. kit for hygiene
- Ensuring that uniform is ‘fit for purpose’, that your child is able to move freely, be warm or cool enough and can run without injury
- Providing a drinking water bottle to help your child stay hydrated
- Supporting our healthy school policy by not providing sugary snacks
Please see our Policies and Important Documents page for our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.